We are looking for a junior staff member to work in the Globalization Program office at Venice International University.
The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years experience in:
- providing administration and organizational support to university programs
- dealing with international students and professors
- experience in event management and organization
- experience in web communications
Candidates should also have:
- excellent English, both written and spoken
- mother-tongue English speakers must be fluent in Italian, both spoken and written
- knowledge of other languages represented in the consortium would be a bonus (especially Japanese, Korean, Russian and Chinese)
Candidates should be sensitive to issues of interculturality and know the city of Venice well.
Communications and multi-media
The successful candidate will:
- Manage VIU social media accounts on FB, Twitter, Instagram etc, providing regular updates about VIU activities, deadlines, news. Collate monthly statistics on engagement via social networks.
- Coordinate calendar and shoot video interviews of professors, arrange editing with a professional
- Conduct video-interviews with students and interns
- Upload videos to VIU YouTube channel and ensure VIU multimedia platforms are up-to-date.
- Provide basic tech support to professors who use e-learning platform for courses.
- Support to students and professors in obtaining visas, nulla osta and permessi di soggiorno.
- Coordinate accommodations on and off campus for participants of Globalization Program.
- Coordinate accommodations in apartments in city for professors
- Coordinate timetables: orientations, weekly schedule, exam schedule.
- Ensure that classrooms and offices are correctly equipped - liaise with tech staff
Event organization – co-curricular activities
- Opening ceremonies, closing ceremonies, VIULectures, concerts.
- Book appropriate space on campus, arranging catering services, restaurant reservations, publicity, invitations etc.
- Support coordinator of co-curricular activities as needed, eg. accompanying groups to activities off campus etc.
The contract will be for 6 months initially and will be considered for renewal.
Some national and international travel may be required.
Salary will be considered based on the skills and experience of the candidates.
Start date: as soon as possible.
Interested candidates should send a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com