Each semester scholarships are awarded to talented students to contribute to the cost of living in Venice for a semester, to promote excellence and diversity in the Globalization Program.
The scholarships are equivalent to the cost of accommodation in the apartments arranged by VIU (€1,625), but will be paid directly to the students, who may choose to spend it on the accommodation that best suits their needs.
The scholarship recipient is expected to actively contribute to the following co-curricular activities:
- organization of the Tea2B, informal conversations on key topics that involve students, professors and staff taking place every Monday at 5 pm
- contributing to the Globalization Program plenary workshop and VIUCommunity platform
The Globalization Program plenary workshop is an interdisciplinary endeavor involving many of the GP professors. Over several weeks, the professors work with groups of students from their courses on a common topic, approaching it based on their (inter)-disciplinary backgrounds.
The workshop takes place on a Friday during the semester, when the groups present their work on the common topic. The presentations may take any form - creativity is encouraged: presentations, video-clips, interviews, debates, theater, music or dance performances.
The RED (Residency-Excellence-Diversity) scholarship recipient is expected to participate in the Globalization Program plenary workshop, and to collaborate in the editorial team, under the guidance of Prof. Luca Pes, selecting materials from the participants, documenting the work of the workshop, editing contributions and writing articles for the VIU website. The recipient is also expected to post follow-ups on the Tea2B meetings and share articles that might be of interest for other students on the VIUCommunity online platform.
Any student regularly enrolled in any Bachelor or Master's degree program in a VIU Member University, who wishes to register or is already registered for at least 3 courses in the VIU Globalization Program. (Exchange students of Italian member universities are not eligible.)
Recipients of the KA171 Erasmus+ grants are not eligible to receive the RED scholarship but may apply to participate as a RED Scholar on a voluntary basis.
The aim of the scholarship program is to promote excellence and academic and cultural diversity in the Globalization Program.
The selection of the candidates and the award of the scholarships will be based on a ranking. The score achieved by each student will be the result of the sum of the following:
1. Quality of the candidate (40%): The candidate’s CV, motivation letter and interview will be evaluated.
2. Academic performance (40%): Based on the transcripts from home university.
3. Diversity of the candidate (20%): Based on university and discipline of student with the aim of balancing their representation in the Globalization Program.
Candidates will be selected by a committee composed of:
- Dean of VIU, Prof. Carmelo Marabello
- Scientific Director of the Globalization Program, Prof. Luca Pes
- Academic Advisor of the Mobility Program, Prof. Ilda Mannino
Applicants must fill out the online form available in their personal page, and upload the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcript of records (for current degree program only)
- Motivation letter
Applications for students wishing to attend the Spring semester: October 15 to November 30
Applications for students wishing to attend the Fall semester: May 3 to June 5
Candidates are advised to submit their application at least 2 hours before the deadline (3:00pm CET/CEST) to avoid any technical difficulties.
- To view the 1st Semester 2023-24 RED Scholarship Winners click here.
- To view the 2nd Semester 2022-23 RED Scholarship Winners click here.
- To view the 1st Semester 2022-23 RED Scholarship Winners click here.
- To view the 2nd Semester 2021-22 RED Scholarship Winners click here.
- To view the 1st Semester 2021-22 RED Scholarship Winners click here.
- To view the Fall 2020 RED Scholarship Winners click here.
- To view the Fall 2019 RED Scholarship Winners click here.
- To view the Spring 2019 RED Scholarship Winners click here.