November 7-11, 2022
VIU will sponsor a special edition of the training course reserved for staff from VIU's member universities.
The training course offers complete, up-to-date training on project management of EU-funded projects. Participants acquire the techniques and methods that are essential for drafting and presenting projects, with the aim of increasing the competitiveness of the project proposals, and their relevance to the scope of EU calls, legislation, and regulations.
Registration will open: July 15, 2022
Since 2010 Venice International University and Europelago Foundation have been jointly managing the Euro-Project Training Unit at VIU which provides training in project, financial and operational management of EU-funded projects.
The training course in EU project management was developed originally in 1999 to teach project management skills to Italian companies and public authorities and increase their success in accessing European funds. It is one of the most authoritative training programs offered in this field in Italy. Hundreds of participants have successfully completed the course over the years, including professionals both in the public sector (local and state authorities, universities, health authorities, and agencies) and from businesses, associations, training companies, social enterprises and also young people who wish to gain additional skills in order to improve their employability.
The program is sponsored by Venice International University and there are no fees. Participants will however be expected to cover the cost of their own travel, accommodation and meals.
- Preliminary processing and development of the project idea, stakeholder analysis; needs assessment monitoring and selection of opportunities
- Subsidiarity and correct approach to EU calls for proposals
- EU added value and principles of project proposal self-assessment
- Project leadership, partnerships, and management structure of the project
- Planning methodology, Project Cycle Management, and Logical Framework – targeting the right beneficiaries;
- Structuring of a project into work packages, outputs, outcomes, milestones, and deliverables;
MEAL, monitoring and evaluation of a project, how to select the right indicators – the impact of the project: objectives and results;
- Project forms for direct EU programmes –
- Structuring and explanation of the project budget
- Project efficiency and project efficacy
- Project implementation and management; logistics and procurement
- How to communicate and disseminate a project
- Evaluation phases of projects from the European Commission and external experts
More information will be published presently on the EU project training unit webpage.